Courgette soup with smoked salmon
A delicious soup for every season of the year. This soup is very quick and easy to make.
- 4 courgettes
- 2 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 à 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 100 g smoked salmon
- Step 1 Cut the courgette in slices of 1 cm, and roughly chop the onion and garlic.
- Step 2 Heat a bit of olive oil over a medium heat in a large sauce pan or stockpot, and add the onion once the oil is hot. Cook the union until translucent, then add the garlic. Reduce the heat to low and stir once in a while.
- Step 3 Add the courgette, stir once in a while, and fry untill everything is almost soft
- Step 4 Pour in the hot vegetable stock, and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Step 5 Season with black pepper and salt.
- Step 6 Remove the pan from the heat, and blend it with a stick blender, adding a little bit more water if you like a thinner consistency.
- Step 7 To serve, laddle the warm soup into bowls. Put the smoked salmon in the middle of the bowl.
- Step 8 Optional: If you like a creamy soup, add 50ml of coconut milk or cream just before blending.