Nothing better than starting the day with a delicious melon breakfast bowl. It’s an instant happy breakfast, you simply can’t have a bad day when you start it with greek yoghurt piled in half a sunny melon and topped with even more fruit and some granola.
This melon breakfast bowl is a really easy recipe and you can variate the topping with whatever’s in season. Try this recipe in summer, and for fall try some apples, pears, and walnuts, to make it a hearthwarming winter bowl top it with some cinnamon apples, honey, and clementine, and in spring try some rhubarb, strawberries, and peaches.
To prevent your melon breakfast bowl from wobbling and to make sure you don’t mess on your clean clothes (learn from my mistakes..), cut a little bit off the bottom of the melon halves to balance them on your plate. This makes is so much easier to eat. When buying your melons, look for small ones to serve as bowls, don’t forget you have to eat the melon and also want to fill them with yoghurt and other fruits.
Melon breakfast bowl
This melon breakfast bowl is summer on your plate! Easy to make and full of the right protein and vitamins. Perfect start of your day!
- 1 cantaloupe
- 4 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 30 g blue berries
- 2 tablespoons granola
- Step 1 Slice the melon in half and remove the seeds. Scoop out a little bit of the flesh to make some more space for your yoghurt and toppings. Drain any excess liquid out of the melons.
- Step 2 Fill the halves with the greek yoghurt, two tablespoons each.
- Step 3 Top the yoghurt with the banana, kiwi, blueberries and granola. You can garnish the melon bowl with some mint, cinnamon or other herbs/spices if you like.
- Step 4 Serve right away, enjoy!