Blueberry lemon bread
Blueberry lemon bread. Easy to make, and perfect for breafast with a bit of cottage cheese or butter on top.
- 300 g flour
- 90 g oatmeal
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 225 g coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g blueberries
- sea salt
- 50 g walnuts
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 1-litre loaf tin with vegetable oil.
- Step 2 Combine the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and coconut milk gently together.
- Step 3 Add the dry ingredients: flour, oatmeal, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder, and slowly mix toghether.
- Step 4 Add the blueberries to the mixture. Note: to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the bread when baking, you can dust the blueberries lightly with flour.
- Step 5 Roughly chop the walnuts and gently fold them in, together with the blueberries.
- Step 6 Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, top with additional oats if desired.
- Step 7 Bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Stick a cocktail skewer into the middle of the loaf to check if it is done. Remove after a couple of seconds, if it comes out clean the blueberry bread is cooked.
- Step 8 Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the loaf tin.
- Step 9 When you keep the bread covered, it will be fresh for approximately four days.