If you are a fan of chocolate, especially dark chocolate, you will love these brownies! With using cacoa powder instead of chocolate, they aren’t overly sweet. On the other hand, they are a little bit healthier, if you can call this healthy.. but hey, cocoa powder is known to boost your brain levels of serotonin, the feel good brain chemical, and cacoa can even protect your heart and prevent cardiovascular disease. So yeah, I call it healthy ;).
These brownies have rich, and perfect gooey middles and crinkly tops. Maybe the most possitive thing about this recipe that it is a one bowl recipe; only one sticky chocolate bowl to clean! They are easy to make, and you will never make a box mix again, trust me. Just wait until you try these easy homemade brownies with a little melty vanilla ice cream on the side, or maybe homemade vanilla wipped cream. So yummy!
Great recipe for delicious, easy, and perfect gooey chocolate brownies.
- 150 g butter
- 275 g caster sugar
- 75 g cacoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 75 g flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a square cake pan (20×30 cm) with vegetable oil or butter. Line with baking paper.
- Step 2 Melt the butter, sugar and cacoa powder in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (dont let the bowl douch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until melted.
- Step 3 Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract, flour, eggs, and a pinch of salt until just combined.
- Step 4 Add the chopped walnuts, and stir everything one more time.
- Step 5 Pour the batter into the square cake pan. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until the middle is just cooked through. Stick a cocktail skewer in the middle, when removed there should be moist crumbs clining to it.
- Step 6 Set aside to cool completetly. When cooled off, cut into equal square pieces.