This Asian noodle salad is lovely as a lunch. In fact, this is the favourite dish of most coworkers I cook for everyday. They all seem so happy whenever they see this salad on the menu. Something about the combination of the rice noodles with the soy sesame dressing, which creates a complex combination of flavours everybody loves.
A great way to make this salad into a wonderful dinner, I like adding shredded chicked or Asian flavoured beef for a protein boost. Or you could try it with edamame, and some roasted cashewnuts, that would make an excellent vegetarian option. This salad is easy to throw togheter, and requires only boiling the noodles. With the soy sesame dressing it makes it a really yummy salad for everyday of the year.
Asian noodle salad with soy sesame dressing
This delightful noodle salad is seriously heavy on the crunchy vegetables with a soy and sesame dressing. A flavourful, easy, and healthy cold noodle salad recipe!
- 400 g rice noodles
- 1 cucumber
- 2 sweet paprika
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1 big carrot
- 1 small bunch of spring onion
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lime
- 1/2 a bunch of coriander
- Step 1 Roast the sesame seeds in a preheated pan on medium heat, stir the seeds occasionally with a wooden spoon until the seeds are evenly golden and crispy. Put the seeds aside and let them cool.
- Step 2 Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Cook the noodles until al dente (for approximately 8 minutes). Drain and rinse briefly with cold water, then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Step 3 While the noodles cook, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, rice vinegar, and juice from 1/2 lime. Pour over the noodles in the serving bowl, and toss to combine.
- Step 4 Thinly slice the sweet paprika, cucumber, red cabbage, carrot, and spring onion. Add to the noodles in the serving bowl, and toss again to combine. You can use your hands to mix it even better.
- Step 5 Roughly chop the coriander and cut the other halve of the lime in small parts. Sprinkle the roasted sesame seads and coriander on top of the salad, and serve immediately.
- Step 6 Note: Leftovers can be stored in a tightly lidded container for up to three days in the refrigerator.