Making your own granola bars is a great idea, because you get to control what goes into them. You can totally alter the recipe to what kind of ingredients you like. This recipe is made with a bunch of good for you ingredients, such as quinoa, oats, flax seeds, nuts and dried fruit. Coconut oil and a bit of honey binds everything together. And if you are looking for a real treat, pour some extra dark chocolate over your granola bars! Mmmm
These granola bars are perfect for a quick breakfast, or for snacking. They are tasty, and keep you feeling full for a while. Also, they are packed with a good dose of healthy fibers and fats, with the mixed nuts, quinoa and flax seeds. I used raisins and apricots, but you can use every dried fruit you like. Maybe try some dried mango, pineapple and coconut, or dried cranberries and figs. You can use whatever you have on hand. To make these bars gluten-free, use gluten-free oats, or substitute the oats with quinoa.
Healthy granola bars with quinoa, oats, dried fruit & nuts
Healthy granola bars with toasted quinoa, oats, different dried fruits & nuts. Easy to make and perfect for breakfast or as snack to go.
- 100 g oats
- 25 g quinoa
- 75 g mixed nuts
- 80 g dried apricots
- 20 g raisins
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 15 g pumpkin seeds
- 15 g flax seed
- 35 g coconut oil
- 60 g honey
- Optional: 50 g extra dark chocolate
- Step 1 Preheat the oven 180ºC (350ºF). Line a baking tray with parchement paper.
- Step 2 Cut the apricot in little pieces, and mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, except for the coconut oil.
- Step 3 Melt the coconut oil in a little saucepan over low heat, add to the oat mixture when melted.
- Step 4 Mix everything together with a spoon, or with your hands, until combined. Scoop mixture into the baking tray, form a square and firmly press into an even layer.
- Step 5 Bake the oat mixture for 20 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for 15 minutes (you can put it in the fridge after 5 minutes). Cut the granola into bars and serve. You can keep them in the fridge for about a week.
- Step 6 Optional: Before you cut the granola into bars. Melt the chocolate au bain marie, and pour it into little stripes over the baked granola. Put it in the fridge for 15 minutes, and cut into bars.